Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm DeLirious over DeLovely!

... well Ok. Maybe not delirious. But I do like this collection quite a bit - it's Delectable, Deluxe, and Delicious! Ok, Ok, I'll stop. But first, I just have to make sure... you DO know Cole Porter, right? He's the one who wrote the song DeLovely. Good song. If you haven't seen the 2004 movie named after the song, with Kevin Kline as Cole Porter, you should really check it out. The soundtrack is amazing. Great crafting music :)

Here are a few more cards I've made with the line.

(Sorry this one is so similar to the one I showed you in my last post!)

I ADORE how this one turned out! I'm not sure why the picture looks so washed out (both pictures really), as it looks awesome in my iPhoto. Oh well. Anyway... I used the DeLovely cardstock stickers sheet for this one - not an item I generally purchase for Cosmo Cricket collections, but this time, on a whim, I actually grabbed it on ebay :) The stripe above the pink paper is made with two border stickers, and a Martha Stewart felt ricrac border between them. The "best friends" label is another sticker... I learned recently you can use a sticker as a dimensional element by dusting cornstarch across the back to remove the stick (thank you Kristina Werner fans!). I was certain I was going to ruin the sticker, but I tried it and it worked brilliantly! I punched holes in the centers of the flowers, threaded the ribbon through, and stuck it on with foam adhesive. Then I added a little bling with Stickles and a My Mind's Eye rhinestone. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment