Thursday, September 9, 2010

StampTV Thursday Sketch Challenge

I was checking my email and facebook while I was tying my shoes to get ready for work this morning, and I saw today's Thursday Sketch Challenge at StampTV. And get this - It was pretty much the card I was planning to make this afternoon anyway! Last night I sat around watching Ghost Whisperer and I colored the flowers from the Autumn Splendor stamp set. And this afternoon I came home from work and made a card based on the sketch... I just had to slightly tweak what I was planning to begin with :)


So there are things I like about this card, and things I don't like. I totally meant to emboss the larger yellow layer with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder - but I forgot! :( I really think it would have made the card more complete/polished, but I'm over it. (Not really, actually.) I'm not thrilled with my ink sponging - I mean, look around the stems of the flowers! Eugh. I think it's gonna take some practice at the finesse of sponging, and maybe sponging off a little more of the ink on the scratch paper first.
 But, I've got to toot my own horn for a minute here... I am so proud of the coloring on this project (which kinda makes me a little bit more upset about the crappy sponging). But seriously, I'm pretty sure this is the best Copic coloring I've managed to date! :)


So there you have it. Ooh, wouldn't it be fun if I won? :)

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment