Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Vintage-Inspired Baby Headband

Baby headbands have been trendy for a while now, and I have always loved them. So I bet you can imagine how excited I am to finally have a beautiful baby girl - who is, of course, very beautiful even without accessories - to wear headbands! :) I recently decided that I'm going to try my hand at making and selling headbands and highbrows for babies and little girls. I was able to execute one of my first ideas last night - which just so happens to use almost exclusively Stampin' Up! materials. 


I had so much fun making this headband for Lyla and I think it turned out so cute! She's not a huge fan of headbands, but I'm trying to have her wear them more often and I hope she'll come around. ;)


The Stampin' Up! supplies I used are Crumb Cake 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Tip Top Taupe 1" Dotted Lace Trim, Mint Macaron 1" Dotted Lace Trim, and a retired snowflake embellishment from last year's Holiday Catalog. But there are a lot of other buttons and things that would work, and there will be a new snowflake embellishment in this year's Holiday Catalog, starting on September 1st! :)


I also used champagne 5/8" fold over elastic from Elastic By The Yard, a marabou puff from Wholesale DeZigns on Etsy, and some felt from the fabric store. When I'm making my own flowers, I like to use Fabri-Tac from Beacon Adhesives, and I use hot glue to assemble the headband. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Really, these baby headbands are looking attractive. My kid loves such headbands so much. For this reason recently my husband offered her a flower headband as a birthday special with other gifts, which was ordered from an online store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just wanted to say thanks for this informative post, can you please allow me to post it on my blog?
    Vintage Headband Boutique

    ReplyDelete