Monday, February 18, 2013

Not JUST for Valentine's Day!

You may be thinking that, since Valentine's Day is over, it's time to put away your More Amore DSP and your Hearts a Flutter stamp set. But wait - not so fast! :) I've got proof that these seemingly love-centric products aren't just for Valentines!


I was inspired to make this card when Stampin' Up! posted a super cute video recently - One of their employees made a card in My Digital Studio and tossed it into a random order that was on its way to a customer. First of all, is that a super fun idea or what?! :) Wouldn't you just love finding a note from an SU! employee in your order? You can watch the video on the Stampin' Up! Vine site. But the card itself was exactly my style! So I decided to use traditional stamps and paper to make a similar card. And I love how it came out!

One thing I did to add a little interest to this very CAS card was add some texture to the heart punches. I used the same color ink as cardstock ("tone on tone" stamping) and the new Beyond Plaid stamp set to add a little pattern to the punches. I'm loving this set as a simple way to add subtle texture and interest!

So I hope this gives you a little inspiration for how you can continue using your holiday stamp sets year round!

Happy Stampin'! :)




More Amore Thank You Card Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment