Sunday, November 7, 2010

my new {obsession}

:)

A quick post today to share some cards I made recently with The Girls' Paperie Tinsel and Twig line. These are seriously some stunning products. The papers are incredible and the colors are just perfection. And the embellishments? Don't even get me started! I haven't used any of them yet (except one button) because I can't suppress my hoarding instinct! ;)

My inspiration for all these cards was patchwork. One of the pieces of patterned paper has a gorgeous patchwork of some of the other papers' patterns, plus a couple that don't appear anywhere else in the collection.

Tinsel and Twig paper
Here's a card I made using a piece of this paper as my background.

(I also used Papertrey Ink's new Big and Bold Holiday Greetings set, which I am also in love with.)

For these next two cards, I made my own patchwork by gluing together 1 inch squares punched from all the different patterns.

(This one uses another new PTI stamp set, Merry Little Christmas - another current fave! It's inspired by an adorable card that PTI DT member Erin Lincoln made for the release countdown.)


And, lastly, a bit of a different spin on the concept of patchwork. This one didn't come out quite how I wanted... I wish the circles were a bit closer together, but I only have 1" and 1.5" punches and the larger circle was just too big. So... we make do, right? :)


Hope you had a great weekend! Wasn't it awesome to get an extra hour of sleep last night? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment