Friday, September 12, 2014

First Christmas Card

It's actually been a few weeks since I made this card, but here it is... My first Christmas card of 2014!


This was such a fun card to make! It took maybe a little more time than some cards, but I think the results are well worth it. :) I used the brand new and totally amazing Tree Punch to create both the Pistachio Pudding trees and the 3-dimensional trees. For the Pistachio Pudding trees, I punched the tree out of some scrap paper (just printer paper, nothing fancy), and used it as a stencil to sponge on the ink. I also stamped the Dictionary background stamp in Pistachio Pudding before lifting the "stencil" and moving on to the next tree.


These cool 3-dimensional trees were created by punching a mess of trees from a piece of Typeset DSP - I think each tree has 6 punches. (I don't quite remember, sorry.) Then I just folded them all in half, covered one half generously in snail adhesive, and glued them together back-to-back. A little time consuming, but ultimately pretty easy.


I also used a new stamp set from the Holiday Catalog that I totally love. It coordinates with the Tree Punch - it's called Festival of Trees. I stamped the cute little baubles on the trees, and embossed them with silver embossing powder. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set, and I embossed that in silver too.

So there you have it! My first Christmas card of the year! Hope you liked it. Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment