Sunday, December 14, 2014

An Easy and Adaptable Christmas Card

Funny story: I recently hosted my annual "Cocktails and Christmas Cards" workshop, and in trying to design 4 different cards that were appropriate for beginning stampers, I just could not for the life of me make anything in traditional red and green! Not that there's anything wrong with that... I love non-traditional colors for Christmas! :) But this card that I want to share with you is a variation on one of those workshop cards. It was also inspired by about 3 or 4 cards that I found on Pinterest, so I can't take all the credit. :)


This card comes together so easily and it's perfect for assembly-line style mass-producing. It's a great sort of rustic color combination thanks to the amazing new Kraft cardstock, plus Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler. I sponged the background with one of the stencils from the Hearts and Stars Decorative Masks and Whisper White craft ink. (Do your sponging on all your Kraft panels, then work on your embellishments while all the stars are drying.) The tree is from one of my favorite sets from the Holiday Catalog: Festival of Trees (it also comes in a bundle with the matching punch). A punched glimmer paper circle, a little Cherry Cobbler banner, a linen thread bow, and... done! The sentiment is from Ornamental Pine, and it's stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.


Now, let's say you're really in a hurry. Or maybe you want to keep your supply cost as low as possible. Check out this cute and extra super simple version of the same card.


This one saves a bunch of time by leaving off the glimmer paper circle - you can save time not having to punch or die cut all those circles. Now, I did want a little sparkle on this CAS version so I punched the star from the glimmer paper, but if you don't have it or don't want to buy it, the stamped star would look just as wonderful!


Happy Stampin'! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this card and have been trying to figure out how you did the tree. Did you stamp the tree in green on white cardstock and colored the garland and in white and the ornaments in red. It looks simple, but I have been playing around and cannot figure it out. I check you blog daily and love the work you do. Thanks and Happy New Year.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! The stamp does all the work, actually. I did stamp the tree in green on white - the white garland and ornament areas are the negative space on the stamp. Then the red ornaments are actually from another stamp in the set that lines up with the tree stamp. It's super easy! The set is from Stampin' Up! and it's called Festival of Trees. You can see it here: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=135059&dbwsdemoid=2107269 Hopefully that will give you a better idea. :)

      Delete