Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine Mini Album


This project was inspired by the mini love note I made for Start-to-Finish Sunday recently, and an idea my upline brought back from Leadership. They used the Petite Pocket Die to make a Valentine countdown calendar. Remember toilet paper roll albums? That was sort of the idea behind this album. Each "page" is a pocket that holds a little card that you can write on or put a photo or memorabilia.


This project was so fun to put together! I worked on it over the course of a few nights. I took my color palette from the More Amore DSP: Real Red, Primrose Petals, Pool Party, and a touch of Basic Gray. So I went through my stash and literally pulled out everything I could find in those 4 colors. Then I added a few extra embellishments - lace tape, doilies, pearls - and I just grabbed stuff randomly as I was decorating my pocket "pages." So fun!


I just used a book ring from Staples to bind my album together. Super simple. To dress it up a little I tied some ribbons onto the ring.


Part of the fun was making all the little tabs to go on the pocket inserts. On some of them I just stapled a piece of ribbon - so easy! For most of them I used die cuts from the Hearts a Flutter Framelits. Some of them are stamped and cut out, others are just cut out of plain cardstock and embellished. Make sure you vary where you attach the tabs - ie, not all in the middle of the inserts!



I did film a video of this project so you can see all the pages. I also show how I altered the pockets, and some tips for embellishing them. Sound good? Check it out below, or on my YouTube channel.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend and...

Happy Stampin'! :)



14 Things I Love About You Mini Album Supplies
 

No comments:

Post a Comment