Saturday, January 11, 2014

Without them, what would little boys do?

I fell in love with the Baby, We've Grown stamp set the minute I saw it in the new Occasions Catalog! It's one of the cutest and least cliche baby sets I've ever seen. I mean, we all have enough onesies and baby bottle stamps, right? How about a cute little family of owls, and the cutest little baby shoes? :) And those shoes just beg to be watercolored!


I chose the kind of funky DSP to modern-up the card a little bit, since I'm not really into super sweet baby stuff. The collection I used is called Sweet Sorbet, and it is a Sale-a-Bration exclusive that will be available starting January 28th. Remember, during Sale-a-Bration, you get to choose one exclusive product for free for every $50 you spend from Stampin' Up! Get your wish list ready - this year's exclusives are great! You can take a look at them here. The embossing folder I used on the Crisp Cantaloupe panel is also a Sale-a-Bration exclusive.

I chose the sentiment from Cuddles & Kisses, which is a super awesome baby sentiment set. It's very versatile - unlike most baby sets, it includes sentiments for twins, grandparents, and adoption! I'm a big fan of Maurice Chevalier - especially in the movie Gigi, which is where that song is from. :)


This adorable little shoe image was very simple, quick, and enjoyable to color. So cute! And I created a fun little polaroid-style frame with the Squares Collection Framelits to draw focus to the image. (You can check out my video tutorial on creating your own faux-Polaroids on YouTube.)

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great weekend!

Happy Stampin'! :)



Little Girl Shoes Card Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment