Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

Hope everyone's been having a great World Cardmaking Day today! Have you been productive? I tried, but there are just too many other things to do on days off! :) I had probably 5 or 6 different card ideas swimming around in my head and I so wanted to get them all done. But hey, I got two made! :)

Sorry the photo is so grainy - It was getting dark! :)
Supplies: Cardstock - Stampin' Up (Crumb Cake); Patterned Paper - Crate Paper (Snow Day); Stamps - My Favorite Things (à la modes Miss You a Latte); Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics (Jumbo Scallop), Spellbinders (Classic Ovals, Classic Scalloped Ovals, Ribbon Tags Trio); Ribbon - My Favorite Things (Baby Bump Ribbons assortment); Misc - Vivid Taupe dye ink, Copics

Supplies: Stamp - Whiff of Joy (Willow with Christmas Candle); Patterned Paper - Basic Grey (Jovial collection); Ribbon - Pure Luxury by Gina K. Designs; Inks - Distress Ink (Antique Linen), Memento (Tuxedo Black and Cottage Ivy); Letter stickers - Basic Grey (Jovial collection); Misc - We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Copic markers

P.S. God Jul means Merry Christmas in Swedish. I love this stamp from Whiff of Joy because my family always celebrates - at least sort of - a holiday called St. Lucia Day, which is sort of the start of the Christmas season in Sweden. Traditionally, the oldest daughter in the family dresses in a white gown and a wreath with candles on her head and delivers breakfast to her family. (We don't do that part.) Remember the American Girl doll Kirsten? She was a Swedish immigrant. Her Christmas outfit is for St. Lucia Day. So anyway, I thought the Swedish sentiment would be perfect for this card. Best I can tell, if you say "Good Yule" the way you think the Swedish Chef would say it, you'll be approximating the pronunciation pretty well. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment