Monday, October 4, 2010

It should really be renamed World Cardmaking WEEKEND!

All of a sudden, after literally a lifetime of never winning anything, I've been on a winning streak lately! :)  Gina K. Designs just released their October stamp sets, and I was lucky enough to win a set of Lovely Labels 2, illustrated by Nina Brackett. These stamps are gorgeous! And they're designed to coordinate with the new Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 14, 15, and 16! However, if you're like me and can't afford three sets of Nesties, the labels are very easy to cut out freehand, which is what I did on my card.


When I first saw the projects that the GKD Design Team made with these stamps, I immediately thought of letterpress. I stamped the label with Distress Ink on watercolor paper to achieve a similar look. It's a pretty cool effect in real life.

Hope you had a happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment