Friday, October 1, 2010

StampTV Thursday 9/30 Sketch Challenge

Again, out of all the challenges people post and sketch blogs I read, the StampTV Thursday Sketch is the only thing that actually gets me off the couch. :-D

This week we were, again, given a CAS/Beginner sketch and a Layered/Intermediate sketch.


This week, again, my card is somewhere in between. :)


This card has been in the works for a while... I've been wanting to try a ton of the techniques from Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking class since I first saw the videos. (P.S. Have you seen this news??) But I just didn't have enough of the appropriate supplies and couldn't justify buying them, not knowing how often I'd end up using them. Well, obviously, as soon as I tried Distress Inks, I knew I'd use them constantly and so my collection has been slowly growing. :) And I recently found a pot of Perfect Pearls for sale individually (didn't want to commit to the set) at my LSS. And then I got this awesome Hero Arts silhouette stamp that I thought would be perfect for mixing Distress Inks on, and voila! This card was born!

BTW: To make the focal image, I inked up my stamp with Distress Ink in Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, and Fired Brick. Then I spritzed the entire stamp with some water mixed with Perfect Pearls and stamped it onto plain cardstock. It took a couple tries to get it right. :) Check out the videos on Perfect Pearls (episodes one, two, and three!) for this technique and a bunch of other cool ideas.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment