Thursday, June 26, 2014

One Stamp, Four Ways: Bright Birthday Card

I'm back today with card 2 of 4 using the Flower Patch stamp set! If you missed the first card in my challenge to make 4 different cards with one stamp set, make sure you check it out here: http://bit.ly/1rvqc1Z So you've seen me make a sympathy card with this set... The next card I needed was a birthday card for a friend.


This particular friend is a very bubbly and vivacious gal, so I chose a bright color palette of Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Tangerine Tango. I stamped the flowers randomly on a Whisper White panel, starting with the largest flower (in Strawberry Slush) first, and working my way down to the smallest (in Bermuda Bay). I love stamping my own backgrounds like this - I can make a stunning card in no time at all!

This card is similar to my first card in that there's a lot of stamping, and very minimal embellishment. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the centers of the Strawberry Slush flowers, but otherwise let the graphic black and white sentiment serve as an embellishment. I love this sentiment, which is also from the Flower Patch set. And it's absolutely perfect for this birthday girl! :) I embossed it on Basic Black cardstock with white embossing powder.


I also decided to mimic some of the stamping on a panel inside the card for a little extra color and flair. Super simple!

Well, we're halfway through my little challenge here. I've got two more cards up my sleeve, and one of them is really different! :) So stay tuned!

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment