Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sea Street Treat

Confession: I can NOT stop using the Sea Street stamp set and coordinating Maritime DSP!! They both make me so happy! :) So consider yourself warned... you can expect to see a lot of red, white, and blue and sea creatures around the old blog-o!

I needed to make some swaps for our monthly Stampin' Up! team meeting recently. There was no theme, so I could make whatever I wanted, and I just felt like doing something different, you know? I had been tossing around the idea of making some sort of nautical treat packaging for a while, so I decided to give it a go!


These little treats came out so cute and were SO easy to put together! You can easily change out the sentiment, too, and make them perfect party favors for a 4th of July picnic or a child's summer birthday party. 


For the treat itself I just threw some Swedish Fish into a cello bag, trimmed a little bit off the top, and folded it over. The topper is a piece of DSP that measures 4x4 inches, folded in half and stapled onto the top of the bag. (I used the embellishments to hide the staples, but you can see them from the back. If you don't like that, you could use Sticky Strip to adhere the paper to the front and the back of the bag.)


I stamped the octopus from Sea Street in Night of Navy on Whisper White cardstock. I used the Circle Framelits to cut it out, and to cut out a layer of Real Red cardstock. The sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts (another set I can't stop using!), stamped in Real Red. Then I just added a thin strip of another pattern from the DSP collection, and... Done! :) A whole bunch of festive treats is no time flat!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you're having a great weekend!

Happy Stampin'! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment