Sunday, June 22, 2014

One Stamp, Four Ways: Sweet and Simple Sympathy Card

I have a terrible habit of making tons of cards at random and never actually doing anything with them. When I found myself needing 4 cards to be in the mail and delivered by Thursday, ironically I didn't have any on hand that worked! So I decided to challenge myself. The Flower Patch stamp set had just arrived in my mailbox, and I was dying to bust into it. It's one of the photopolymer sets in the new catalog - and it is huge! The combinations of flowers you can stamp are endless! I thought it would be fun to see if I could make 4 different cards - for completely different occasions - using that one stamp set. Fun!


So here's the first card I have to share with you. There's a really sweet woman who is a patient at the medical office where I work, and she always asks for me when she calls. Her husband had been very sick, and passed away a few days ago. We live in an area with a lot of older people, and sadly, we have patients passing almost every day. I certainly don't often send cards, but with this kind woman, I just felt called to reach out and let her know I was thinking of her.

Sympathy cards can be very difficult to make, so I decided to keep this one very simple. The pastel color palette is bright, but appropriate. I kept my stamping simple too - I didn't do much of the two-step stamp layering that this set is designed for. And you can see that I still achieved beautiful flowers just by stamping one layer!


The colors I chose for this card are Crisp Cantaloupe (which is way more of a peach color than shows in this photo), Pool Party, So Saffron, and Pistachio Pudding. I used a layer of Sahara Sand to create a small border accent, but this could very easily be a stunning one layer card. The sentiment I chose is from A Dozen Thoughts, stamped in black ink.

So that's it for today. Stay tuned for my second card, coming soon!

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment