Sunday, September 26, 2010

HEART to HEART Card Drive for Alzheimer's Disease

In memory of her grandmother and in honor of all those whose lives have been touched by Alzheimer's, Carolyn (aka Cammie) King has organized a card drive to thank all the amazing people who provide care and services to Alzheimer's patients and their families. I urge you to visit Miss Cammie's blog for all the details on how to participate in this wonderful cause. And be sure to read carefully - the instructions are pretty specific but if you follow them you will be entered to win an AMAZING and HUGE prize package from some very generous folks including Gina K., I {Heart} Papers, Papercrafts Magazine, My Favorite Things, Spellbinders, and so many more you won't even believe it!

This was a call-to-action that inspired me to get up off the couch right away. Here are my two cards.

This card will be sent to The Artman Lutheran Home in Pennsylvania and the staff that took care of Cammie's grandmother. I have written them the following note: "We may have never met, but please know how far-reaching your thoughtful, caring, and diligent work is. Thank you for all that you do day in and day out. You touch so many lives."

I will be sending this card to Alzheimer's Services of Cape Cod and the Islands, my local Alzheimer's care coordinator and provider, and formerly the Cape Cod chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. Here's what I've written to them: "I have not been directly touched by Alzheimer's, but many people I know have had their lives irreversibly changed by this disease. It is because of them that I write today to thank you for your kind and diligent work helping the families of Cape Cod. I was inspired by Carolyn King of Pennsylvania, who has urged all of her blog readers to send a hand-made thank you card to Alzheimer's caregivers. Please know your work is appreciated by many." (I also wrote out Cammie's blog address so they can read more about her card drive.)

Please, please check out Cammie's blog today. This is a wonderful cause, so please get involved!


No comments:

Post a Comment