Monday, February 21, 2011

Make It Monday #3


This week's challenge: Using Scor-Tape to adhere glitter.

When I first saw the post this morning, I thought, 'Darn! I don't have any glitter!' But then I remembered some Martha Stewart glitter from a Christmas card kit stuck in the back of a drawer. Also, I got my box of new Papertrey goodies earlier this afternoon, so I decided to play with some new stamps! I had this whole plan in my mind, and, well... let's just say it was one of those projects where nothing went according to plan. I had decided to use Dawn McVey's new Delightful Doilies stamp set that I was so excited to receive. I can tell they put a lot of thought into this set to make it as user-friendly as possible, but there's definitely still a learning curve :) And you really need to be able to see clearly what you're doing when you use this set. I have a very small selection of colored inks, and most of them are chalk inks that stain clear stamps. So let's just say I made a lot  of mistakes before I was finally happy with my stamping! The card still isn't what I was planning, but I actually kind of like it. :)

 Supplies: Stamps - Delightful Doilies, Think Big Favorites #1 (Papertrey Ink); Cardstock - Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink), Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!), grey (Bazzill); Inks - London Fog (Memento), Versamark; Misc. - Super Tape (Therm-O-Web), glitter (Martha Stewart), clear embossing powder, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

1 comment: