Friday, August 31, 2012

Foodie Penpals: August

 
Not sure how we've gotten to the end of August, but it's time for another Foodie Penpal post! :)

Foodie Penpal is pretty much what it sounds like - every month you get assigned a different partner and you send them a box of food. And someone else is assigned to send you food! If you want more info - or if you want to join! - check out the info page on The Lean Green Bean blog.

This month my box came from Megan in NYC. Check out all the yumminess she sent me!


Oh my, where to start? Well, I worked at my local mom-and-pop natural food store every summer for 10 years. I remember well all the fuss at the arrival of both Larabars and Kind bars. But would you believe I'd never tried either one?! Hello! I'm a convert! Yum-O! The cocoa granola is so yummy! We just made a batch of chocolate cherry jam which is just amazing mixed into yogurt, and I cannot wait to try adding some of this granola. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the chia seeds, but I'm super psyched to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try. My hubby is beyond excited to bust open that package of imported Italian pasta. And I'm totally hoarding that au naturale popcorn for a healthy work snack. Yummy! Thanks Megan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment