Saturday, August 17, 2013

Beach Babe Birthday Tag

My sister-in-law's birthday was back in July, but I just haven't gotten around to sharing the tag I made for her present with you yet! Jill lives at the beach in the summertime. (I'm jealous. I wish I had the time to go to the beach!) So I picked out some amazing all-natural sunscreen, yummy-smelling bathing suit wash, and a cute tank from an awesome local screenprinting business. And, of course, I had to make the wrapping match the theme of the present! :)


Cute, huh?! I used Canvas Creations from Stampin' Up! - it's this amazing 12x12 canvas that's perfect for stamping and all sorts of other techniques. For this tag, I used Pool Party reinker to dip dye a tag shape cut from the canvas. (Dip dye and ombre looks are super trendy right now!)


Then I stamped a few of the shells from By the Seashore in Pacific Point, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake, cut them out, and adhered a linen thread bow behind them. The birthday sentiment is from a new stamp set called Four You.


OK, I'll admit, this tag was a little time consuming, but all of the techniques I used were super easy. And I love how it turned out! And once the tag was made, the rest of the packaging couldn't have been simpler. Just a solid colored bag from Hallmark, and some white tissue! That's what I love about a homemade tag!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Stampin'! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great tag just give so much more meaning to the gift

    ReplyDelete