Saturday, August 3, 2013

Christmas in July Week - Day Six: Snowflake Envelope Gift Bag

Day Six? Huh? Yup, you read that right! :) Originally I had planned for Christmas in July Week to go Monday through Friday, with 5 projects in total. But then I decided to kick start things early last Sunday. And I was already planning on a bonus project for this week's Start-to-Finish Sunday video, so then I figured I might as well fill in the empty day with another project! So instead of 5, you get 8 Christmas projects in total. :)

Since I've mostly done cards so far, I wanted to share another gift wrap idea. There were a lot of things I wanted to combine into this project. The final project, I think, might be a little over-the-top, but I still like it.


This is one of my favorite DIY packaging techniques - making a gift bag out of an envelope. Yes! It's so easy and comes out so cute every time! (See my video tutorial on YouTube for instructions.) I used two of my current favorite colors, Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party. Such a pretty combo that can go from summer right to winter! I also added pops of silver with the new Silver Metallic Encore Ink (#132142) from the Holiday Catalog. (It's also available in Gold, #132141.)


I made the tag with the Festive Flurry stamp set (#131778 wood/#131781 clear) and matching Framelits (#132193). Head's up - Savings Alert! These stamps and Framelits also come together in a bundle at a 15% savings! (#133284 wood/#133285 clear) To see how I made the dimensional layered tag check out this video from Stampin' Up!


I also used a new die from the Holiday Catalog - this is definitely in my Top 3 Faves in the whole catalog! It's the Gift Bow Bigz Die (#129977) and it makes two sizes of these amazing paper bows. This is the smaller one. I'll do a video soon showing how to put them together, but it's really quite easy. This style of bow has been everywhere lately, and this die makes it so easy to create the perfect one. Just check out the dimension on this beauty!


WOW! I'm pretty sure one of these is going to be on everything I give this Christmas. :) Love, LOVE this die!

So, stop on back tomorrow for my Christmas in July (...ehrm, August. Yeah, whatever - LOL!) edition of Start-to-Finish Sunday. I'm planning to demonstrate another fun die cutting technique. Until then...

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment