Sunday, August 4, 2013

Christmas in July Week - Day Seven: Poinsettia Polaroid Card



Sadly I don't have a Start-to-Finish Sunday video for you again this week. :( Sorry! I knew I wanted to make this card, and I did film it, but once I started editing the video I realized that this was not a great card to share start-to-finish! It would have been SO long! I got bored just editing the video, so I knew you all wouldn't like it. But don't worry, I did make you a shorter video about this card: A tutorial on how to make the Polaroid-style frame using the Square Collection Framelits. :)

These frames that look like Polaroids or like vintage slides (Like for a slide projector. Anybody remember those? lol.) are so trendy right now! They're great for scrapbooking or for photo cards like family Christmas cards, or birth or engagement announcements. But I love the idea of using them in an out-of-the-box way, like I did on this card to frame and give dimension to the focal image! Anyway, you can check out the video below, or over on my YouTube channel.


I used the Joyful Christmas (#131802 wood/#131805 clear) stamp set again for this card - I love that poinsettia image! - and another new set from the Annual Catalog, the Dictionary (#130348 wood/#130351 clear) background stamp. I'm so excited Stampin' Up! gave us this stamp since they retired the First Edition DSP that I was so obsessed with. I sure do love a good text print! :-D The colors are Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Strawberry Slush, and Wild Wasabi. Not traditional Christmas colors, but they're bright and fresh.

So, thanks for stopping by today. I hope you had a great weekend!

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment