Monday, December 9, 2013

Mixed Metallic Christmas Card

I'm definitely not a rebel - not in terms of fashion, the food I try, or the activities I'm drawn to. But I have always loved mixed metallics, which, once upon a time, were a big faux pas! Thankfully, the rest of the world has come around to my way of thinking (lol) and mixed metallics are super trendy :) And what better theme for a simple and very elegant Christmas card?


This is actually the Christmas card I made to send to my downline. And I love how it came out. I pulled out all the metallic stuff I could find… Gold Embossing Powder, Silver Embossing Powder, Champagne Glimmer Paper, and Silver Glimmer Paper. So then I had Christmas and metallic, and the obvious choice was… of course! Stars! I just randomly stamped the stars from Simply Stars randomly all over a Very Vanilla panel. The easiest way to get multi-colored heat embossed images? Stamp a bunch in Versamark, then sprinkle on one color of embossing powder. Tap of the excess really well. Then stamp a bunch more, sprinkle on the next color, tap the excess really well. Want more different colors? Well… you get the drill. Then you can heat emboss all at once - No risk of burning previously embossed images when you go back in to emboss a second color!


Here you can see the great shine on this card. Love it! I chose to pair all these metallics with Crumb Cake and Linen Thread because the combo of metallics and rustic is one of my favorites.

(P.S. The sentiment on this set is from a photopolymer set that sold out faster than Stampin' Up! had expected and is sadly no longer available. But, the small star punch I used, which is from the 2012 Holiday Catalog - is on sale!)

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week!

Happy Stampin'! :)



Mixed Metallic Christmas Card Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment