Monday, December 23, 2013

Two Last-Minute Christmas Cards

Who's ready for Christmas?? :-D I'm *thisclose* to having everything ready… but I'm hosting this year so I still have a lot of cooking to do. But in the midst of all the hustle and bustle, I wanted to pop in and share two last-minute card ideas.


This one's super simple and you can pretty much make it with any supplies you have. Living on Cape Cod, I make a lot of beach themed things. But you can, of course, use any stamps you like in any color scheme you like. But the idea is super simple - stamp a repetitive pattern on a cardstock panel, add a little ribbon and a little DSP and you're good! I chose to tear the bottom of the DSP just to add a little interest. Also, in subsequent versions of this card, I used the 2-Way Glue Pen to add a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the centers of the sand dollars. Easy peasy! :)


This one shows a sneak peek at one of my favorite new Framelits collections from the upcoming Occasions Catalog. See that Polaroid-style frame? A while back, I showed you how to make something similar with the Squares Framelits, but this frame is one die and it has some awesome embossing details on it. Love. And I also love the other dies in the set… they're perfect for all you scrapbookers!


For this card, I stamped the tree three times without re-inking. You get this great variation of color with only one ink, plus a really nice dimensional effect. And of course I had to add some glitter "snow" to the trees - What's Christmas without some bling?? :) It's hard to see in the photo, but it's really pretty in real life!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you and all your family and friends have a beautiful and merry Christmas, and I wish you all the best in the coming year! Enjoy your holiday and…

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment