Monday, August 16, 2010

Penguins + Copics = Happy Me!

Other than a few incidental, pre-brand loyalty purchases throughout the years, Stampendous is a new-to-me stamp company. I don't really know how, but I recently stumbled upon their 2010 Holiday Catalog online and oh. my. word. did I ever fall in love with what I saw!

My first order: 2 Christmas stamp sets. Yule Penguins and Christmas Wishes. I adore the fonts in the Christmas Wishes set, but I haven't quite figured out how to use them yet. So for now... some cards with the Yule Penguins and Kaisercraft's Be Merry collection. (Variations on a theme again! I only have a small selection of copic markers, so I have to find colors that work with my patterned papers and run with them!)

I used the direct-to-paper inking technique with Colorbox chalk ink in Ice Blue for the background of this card.

This was my attempt at CPS Sketch 178. I don't love it. There's something... I don't know... careless? random? ... about it. It just doesn't work for me. I think part of it is that I don't really understand the sketchy box behind the penguin.

This card is based on CPS Sketch 176. The oval had to be bigger than I'd planned so you can't tell that the red striped portion is actually two pieces, as in the sketch. I chose to break up the sentiment on this one - I added the ellipsis (...) with black marker and kept the inside portion super simple...

That's it for me tonight. Tomorrow's my day off and I will *hopefully* have some more Stampendous goodies to share! :)


1 comment: