Tuesday, August 31, 2010

safe to say I'm obsessed?

:-D

I am seriously loving Stampendous Christmas stamps! I can't even believe how wonderful these images are!

Supplies: stamp - Stampendous Cling Snuggle Season; patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket Matilda mini-deck; cardstock - Pure Luxury by Gina K. Designs, Neenah ivory, Bazzill white

Close-up :)
(Are you squealing yet?)

Here's a card I made using the Holiday Wishes set... I wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but now I'm thinking the best thing is to use the sentiments as focal images.
Supplies: stamps - Stampendous Christmas Wishes; patterned paper - October Afternoon; cardstock - Pure Luxury by Gina K. Designs, Neenah white
 
I colored the holly with Copics to frame out the card.
If you happen to get this stamp set, I don't really recommend trying to cut out the bits of holly - They're soooo tiny! :)

A Matryoshka nativity! How do they come up with this?!
Supplies: stamps - Stampendous Cling Nested Nativity, Gina K. Designs Blessed is the Season, Glory to God by Stampabilities; cardstock - Pure Luxury by Gina K. Designs (red), Stampin' Up (ivory); embossing powder - Queen's Gold by Ranger

(Sorry about the wonky angle!)
     
For now I just stamped the image and embossed it in gold. Then I masked it and stamped the scripture stamp from Blessed is the Season (Gina K. Designs) in red. But I can't wait to color this stamp!... I think I might need to pick up a couple new Copics though - not sure I want to put Mary in crayon colors! :)

I don't really know what I was thinking making two cards with embossing in this crazy, sticky, humid heat that's suddenly hit us. But I was so inspired by a card that Jennifer McGuire made with some new Hero Arts ornament stamps, and my buddy Cliff the mailman brought me the gorgeous Ornament Greetings set from Stampendous this morning, so... :)

I used some of the vintage sheet music I got from ebay for another project. (I'll share that one soon I hope!) I scrumpled it all up and rubbed on some Old Paper Distress Ink... and I don't really love how it looks. But that's ok. How gorgeous are those stamps??!?! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great cards! Gotta love those nesting dolls. Love how you used the text behind some of the other images.

    ReplyDelete