Monday, August 23, 2010

tricks and treats!

ETA: It finally stopped raining here, so I was actually able to get some half-way decent photos of these cards. They're still not stellar... Man, I need a new camera! :)

I'm pretty sure Stampendous's Costume Kids stamp set is THE cutest thing I've ever seen! And I just happened to get Cosmo Cricket's Matilda mini-deck in the same envelope as the stamps! :) They're both cute and kid-like and whimsical so they go perfectly together.

This little vampire was just begging me to paper piece his cape :)
And how adorable is this paper?
Here's the whole card...

The set also includes precious little girl in her kitty costume. I wanted to color her orange, but I only have a small selection of oranges and yellows and I knew I'd have to use them on her pumpkin pail. So I chose to use two Warm Grey markers and smudge them around with my blender pen. And, I'm so psyched I *finally* got Spellbinders large and small classic oval Nestabilities! Have to say, actually, I'm a little disappointed that they don't go a little larger... I've already run into two Christmas stamps I was planning to use with them that don't fit :( But I'm still pretty darn psyched to have them!
 
Oh, and check out those cute little mice in the background paper! :)

The mini-deck includes a really fun paper with black and charcoal clouds with a little moon in the corner. I stink at "scene" cards, but I couldn't resist trying to combine that paper with the vampire. I definitely feel like this card is missing something, but I don't hate it.


I stopped in at the store where I'm selling my cards a couple days ago. It looks like I sold 9 cards in 9 days! So I have to try really hard to set aside Halloween and Christmas for a little while and get some fall-ish-looking "everyday" cards made to get me through September. My goal is to get 20-25 Halloween cards out on October 1st, 20-25 Thanksgiving cards out November 1st, and 20-25 Christmas/Hanukkah/Solstice cards out December 1st and have that be it for the store. Add to that another 20+ Christmas cards as well as all my other paper and fabric items for the craft fair I'm doing on November 20 ... which is now officially less than 3 months away!! ... Needless to say, it's a little daunting. I think I need to figure out a way to get myself a little better organized and set some more specific goals!

So, I hope you're having a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Adorable, Anna! Your paper piecing on the costume kids is absolutely darling (and so carefully done!). That Cosmo Cricket paper is just perfect with our Stampendous images! May we feature these on our blog, too?
    Laura - Graphics Manager, Stampendous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Of course you may share them on your blog too! ... although the photos really aren't great. :) I can take some better ones this afternoon hopefully...

    Thanks again - I'm so thrilled you like what I'm doing with your stamps!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete