Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Faves

Hey all!

Just a quick post to share a couple of the things I'm loving right now... Depending on how life goes, this may become a regular feature... We'll see!


And, let's kick off the list with... Wait, a cleaning product?? I know, I know, what am I thinking, right? Well let me tell you... It's cleaning time at the café where I work and the boss grabbed some random cleaning products at Home Depot recently. (She's really into the "all natural" cleaners, but she knew those of us who would actually be doing the scrubbing... think layers and layers and layers of built up greasy/waxy residue... would want some chemicals!) This Krud Kutter stuff is so amazing I literally couldn't stop waxing poetic the entire time I was using it. I kept saying I wanted to find out the parent company and buy their stock; that they should feature me in their next commercial campaign; etc. Really. Give this stuff a try.

(I'll try for a better photo soon!)
I bought this awesome scarf at Old Navy last night, and I'm wearing it today. LOVE the mix of orangy-coraly-red and magenta! And it's so soft, and the perfect length to wrap it a bunch of different ways. There were more color ways but this one is definitely the best. :) It doesn't seem to be available online, though. Oh, and I also grabbed these skinny jeans... Super comfy and super flattering (... and btw, I wear a size 14! Skinny jeans ain't just for skinny girls, my friends!)

 (+)
I've been doing a lot of Copic coloring lately and I'm obsessed with my YR21 (Cream) marker! I only have a basic "beginner's" selection of Copics, and a lot of them are quite bright colors. Since I'm coloring fall images, I've needed to find a way to tone down the colors a bit. This marker is the solution. I literally color YR21 over the entire image, and then go over with the colors I want for the image. Sometimes I go back and do a little blending with YR21 too.

I read this book ages ago. It's absolutely a must-read for anyone who has anything to do with children. (I went to school for teaching, btw.) It's snarky and well written and will make you really PO'd and all fired up to create positive change at the same time! But I'm sharing it today because I'm currently loving the author's blog and twitter... She's constantly linking to articles and websites about Free-Range issues. It's really worth checking out.




No comments:

Post a Comment