Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sometimes the {stars} align

... and the perfect combination of inspiration comes into your life that just makes a project so much fun! :) That happened to me last week, when the A Muse Studio education director gave us Creative Consultants a challenge to use a recessed window on a card or project. (Check out her video project for the challenge.) In thinking about what I wanted to make for my window card, I remembered the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger that was posted this week. I'd also been wanting to try a really yummy-looking muffin recipe I'd seen, which led me to remember a post from Sue Plote of This Pink Rooster, in which she showed a cute box she made to deliver a homemade muffin to a friend. Instantaneous cartoon lightbulb above my head! :)

Here's the Tuesday Trigger photo - Don't you just need to go to Anthro now?? ;)
This skirt immediately reminded me of what a 1950s housewife might wear for a casual day at home. I was inspired by the thought of a lady at home, perfectly coiffed and pressed as they always are in the 50s movies! - cooking and cleaning and doing caring things for the people she loves. I was also inspired by the colors, although in my final card I punched the color scheme up and translated it into yellow, turquoise, and red gingham. But in my mind that seems perfectly 50s too.

And here's the resulting project...


I kind of cheated and made the window all the way through the front of my card, rather than using the recessed window technique on just the front. This is definitely a favorite technique of mine.


It's hard to see in the photo, but I clear-embossed some flowers along the side of the blue piece just to add a little extra detail to an otherwise plain and rather large expanse of cardstock.



P.S. Go make that muffin recipe. Seriously. Like right now. It is so good and it's Weight Watchers! And totally usable with any kind of fruit. :)


8 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! I love your creative details and the gingham scallop is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS adorable. Thanks for the close-up to show us more detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness!!! I love that you 3D mounted the little oven mitt, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Love that Oven Joy set! Such a sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super, duper cute!!! I think I need to get that set now. :)

    Gotta love the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card...I love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love the colors and that window is too fun! Hey, thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog! I appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete