Sunday, May 29, 2011

Video Tutorial: Thank You Berry Much

Hey there! Sorry about the lack of videos for the past two weeks! Sometimes life and inspiration just get away from you, ya know? :)

So anyway, this week I've got a start-to-finish card video featuring some new Papertrey Ink goodies: the berry Fruit Fusion set of stamps and dies. I made a cute little CAS summertime card to share with you.


I used a really fun "reverse die cutting" technique to highlight the berry and add a little dimension - which I think is the key to CAS design.


Watch the video below, or you can watch it on my YouTube channel.



Supplies: stamps - Fruit Fusion: Berry (Papertrey Ink); die - Fruit Fusion: Berry (Papertrey Ink); cardstock - Sugar (A Muse Studio); patterned paper - Basics White (Basic Grey), Cooped Up (Studio Calico); inks - Brick (Vivid), Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)

And here's another card I made in exactly the same way, except I made the berry by paper piecing two die cut strawberries. I also used one of the other sentiments in the set.


Here's a close-up of the strawberry. I just used the die to cut one berry shape out of the red paper, and another out of the green. Then I free-hand cut the leaves and used my Quickie Glue Pen to attach the green piece to the red piece.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a great Memorial Day Weekend! :)


1 comment: