Sunday, May 26, 2013

Start-to-Finish Sunday #27 - Memorial Day Thank You Card

Hello! Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I hope it's been great so far. Do you have tomorrow off? I do, and I'm so thrilled. We've had a pretty crummy weekend here on Old Cape Cod... cold, Cold, COLD (I'm talking low to mid 40s!), super windy, and rainy! More like late fall than the official start of summer! But tomorrow's supposed to be way nicer - we're hoping to get out in the garden and get some planting done :) Anyway...


For this week's card, since it is Memorial Day Weekend, I decided to go with Red, White, and Blue. This was an idea I'd had while working on my Artisan Design Team application submissions, but I made enough other cards I liked before I got around to this one. But I still think it came out great! I used my favorite techniques: emboss resist. You can do this technique a bunch of different ways, but I chose to do it with watercolor. Check out the technique in the video below, or over on my YouTube channel.



Have a great week! Happy Stampin'! :)

P.S. The First Edition and Brights Collection Buttons that I used on this card are retiring products that have already sold out - Sorry!




Supply List:


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this great card! It is so versatile. I like that you used it for Memorial Day. I was thinking of swapping the heart for a star and using it for the fourth. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete