Friday, May 3, 2013

Think Outside the Box - Little Additions Birthday Card

I love stamp sets that have lots of little elements that you can use in a bunch of different ways. I had the Little Additions set on my desk after making all the baby projects I've been sharing with you, and I really wanted to use the cute little flag stamp. So I thought, why not use it to make something different? As in not a baby card :)


I had this Petite Pocket in my scrap basket left over from my Valentine mini album. Great start right there! I decorated it with a quick little embellishment - a DSP banner, and a button layered with a tag I made with Tiny Tags and the Jewelry Tag punch (both also retiring - *sniff*). Pool Party baker's twine tied through both, then an In Color Dahlia layered on top.


  

The card itself was really easy to make. I just cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to fit the Petite Pocket, and sketched in a curved like with a pencil. I stamped the banners along the curve with Pool Party, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, and Certainly Celery. Then I used a Basic Black marker to draw a clean line over my pencil line. The Happy Birthday greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (thankfully not retiring!), and I stamped two extra banners which I cut out and adhered as tabs to the end of the card.


Easy, quick, and super cute! Just how I like it! :)



Retiring items used in this project:


No comments:

Post a Comment