Monday, October 7, 2013

CCC#011: Cards Challenge - In Threes


It's the 7th of the month - You know what that means! Another Cards Challenge over at Catherine and Cathy Create! :)

I have to be honest here and tell you that this month's challenge completely slipped my mind! I had it on my calendar, my weekend to-do list... I even had my card all designed out in my head! And I didn't remember any of it until I was in the shower today at 7am! :(

Anyway... This month the cards challenge is "In Threes." That is to say that any element on the card repeats three times. This was a real challenge for me! I decided to use the awesome new Envelope Punch Board to make a gift card size card and envelope set. And to add a little pizzazz I decided to make the envelope with vellum. Check it out... :)


OK, OK, so I bet some of you have already caught me... I used the feather stamp *four* times. So sue me :-P I only used it three times on the card. The envelope just needed another repetition of the feather! LOL.


So here's the card alone. Seriously, I cannot stop using the Sweater Weather DSP! It was totally the inspiration for the color palette I used on this project. I LOVE these colors, and I love that they don't have to be just for fall-themed cards.


Here's a better look at the envelope, and you can really see the vellum in action. I used Tombow Mono Multi Glue to secure the envelope together. I didn't love how the bottom flap looked, so I used the strips of DSP and cardstock to hide it. Vellum envelopes are just so classy, don't you think? :)

So now, even though I'm a little late in posting this, make sure you head over to Catherine and Cathy Create to see what the other DT members made. And if you play along too, you might win some Stampin' Up! goodies! So get on over there, get inspired, and link up your project!

Until next time... Happy Stampin'! :)



Three Feathers Card and Envelope Supplies


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the embellished velum envelope, it is so perfect with your awesome card! Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete