Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Candy Corn Inspired Dip-Dye Banner

I was really inspired by an amazing dip-dye banner that one of the Stampin' Up! concept artists shared on the SU! blog a while back. I decided to make a similar one for Halloween inspired by candy corn.



Came out pretty cute, huh? :) And it was super easy! I used the Build a Banner Kit. I had to cut the triangle shapes because I wanted them to look like candy corn and the banners in the kit are shaped differently. But it was really easy to change the shapes - just two straight cuts. Then I used Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie ink refills mixed with water to dye the banners. A tip if you want to try this at home: Contrary to what I would have thought, keeping the canvas in the colored water longer didn't really deepen the color. So add enough reinker to get the color you're looking for on the first dip.


Then when the ink was dry, I used the letter stencils in the kit with Basic Black ink and a sponge dauber to spell out the word BOO. Easy peasy! The kit does come with some awesome twine to string your banner, but I have another project I'm using that for. So I just used some wide black satin ribbon that I had kicking around (I think it came from the Hallmark Store).

Happy Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment