Monday, October 21, 2013

one martini, two martini, three martini...

... Floor! Ha ha! ;)

Anyway... today is the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends. Well, actually, she's really one of my youngest friends - LOL!  She and I are the same age for 5 whole days every year. :) But again, I digress... (Geez. I'm in some kinda funny mood today, huh?) She's a fan of martinis and other cocktails - there's always a very impressive bar at her parties that I never know what do to with! For a while now I've been wanting to make cocktail onions, so my hubby and I finally got around to doing that, and I decided to put together a little martini-themed birthday present. Homemade cocktail onions, not homemade vermouth-soaked olives, and a gift card to a local liquor store. So obviously I had to make a matching tag, right? :)


You all know how I have come to feel about tags lately, especially where cute and coordinated, but quick gift wrapping is concerned! Tags are totally a crafty gal's best friend :)


I broke out the Happy Hour set for this one. Love this set! I decided to keep things simple and let the stamping really shine.


I used Basic Gray and Smoky Slate markers to stamp the martinis, and Crumb Cake, Old Olive, and Real Red markers on the olives. Then I stamped the two sentiments in Basic Gray, adding in a pop of yellow with the Daffodil Delight banner. I really like the mix of the primary colors here, especially with the royal blue bag.


This little touch I can't take credit for. I saw it somewhere recently - don't remmeber if it was from a fellow demonstrator or one of the Stampin' Up! concept artists. Either way, I think it's totally brilliant! This is the large ticket from the Ticket Duo Punch. Doesn't it just create the cutest little tag topper? Awesome. :)

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great Monday.

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment