Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Cardmaking Day 2013

Happy World Cardmaking Day, my friend! I hope you have fun and exciting crafty plans! :) As seems to be the case pretty much every World Cardmaking Day, I, alas, do not. Farmer's market in the morning, then we're hightailing it up to our "local" (it's about an hour away) annual renaissance fair with some friends. Somehow I seem to have other plans or obligations every year that happen to coincide with World Cardmaking Day - I think I need to plan ahead a little better! But I don't even know when World Cardmaking Day is! Is it always October 5th? The first Saturday of October? Isn't this something I should know?? :-P

Anyway, if you follow my facebook page, you may have seen that, after a crazy-long creativity slump, I recently made three cards in one night after discovering my love for the Magnificent Maple stamp and Sweater Weather DSP combo. As promised, and in honor of World Cardmaking Day, I wanted to share the first two with you. (The third will feature in an upcoming video - Yay!)


I was in charge of a make and take for the monthly meeting of my Stampin' Up! group. I knew I wanted to create a background with the Magnificent Maple stamp, and I thought I wanted to use the amazing new Expressions Thinlits. But after I made this card I decided it was maybe a little too time-consuming for a make and take. Oh, and that little burlap "bow"? I just took a short piece of the burlap ribbon and cinched it in the middle with some linen thread. Then I tied the thread through a button. (I squirted some Tombow Mono multi glue under the button too, for added stability.) Isn't it cute?! :)


And here is the card I ended up bringing for my make and take. Super cute, super easy... Plus, just change up the elements a little and this layout is super versatile!


You know what a fan I am of layered sentiments/focal images and I love the addition of the burlap in this one!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you get some cardmaking in on this great holiday!

Happy Stampin'! :)


Here are the supplies I used on these cards:


1 comment:

  1. Love these! The burlap "bow" TOTALLY rocks! I'm pinning it to remember to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete