Sunday, May 2, 2010

and now for something completely different...

This is something I've been working on for a while now. I learned how to make yo-yo flowers a couple months back. I know, I was pretty much the last person ever to learn about these things! But I love them! (And if by chance you've never tried making them, there's a great tutorial on the Studio Calico blog.) And I had this set of coordinating fabrics that I'd purchased in fat quarters ages ago, and I knew these flowers would be the perfect opportunity to use them. So for the past week or so I've been sitting in the evenings, watching The Big Bang Theory (my new obsession - too bad I became addicted just in time for the season 3 finale and now I have to wait until September for new episodes!) and sewing up yo-yo flowers in three different sizes. I wanted to make sure I had enough to choose from without having to run and make the color or size I wanted. I might have gone a little overboard...

:)

And here's my project... I think it turned out really well!

I'm planning to make a couple more ... and depending on the response, I might try it again with some different fabrics. This was a really fun project to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment