Wednesday, May 5, 2010

boy cards are hard!

My uncle moved away maybe about 2 years ago, back to where he and my mom and their siblings grew up, and where most of my maternal relatives live.  And now he's turning 50 next week! Not sure that he's really one to appreciate a handmade card - but aren't most men like that, really? :) Still, I wanted to do something just for him. And boy oh boy (pun intended!) do I have a hard time with masculine cards! I make fairly unisex cards all the time without trying, but despite their lack of outright femininity, they're still not anything I'd actually send to a guy! So... without any further ado, here's Uncle Chris's 50th birthday card!

(I took this photo at about 7pm, which is why the light is weird, but I actually think it really complements the card well!)

I used some papers from Cosmo Cricket's Joyride 6x6 pack, a Sassafras stamp, and Cosmo Cricket chipboard stickers.

And just for fun - here are a couple other "boy" cards I made with the Joyride collection.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment