Saturday, May 1, 2010

proud of me for doing two!

WOW was today ever a busy day for a Saturday in our house! I had to go into work for an hour (and I earned $20 and barely had to do anything - sweet!), my hubby and I went out to lunch with my great uncle, we did our weekly dump run (because I know that's what you came here to hear about!), spent a long time perusing a giant craft fair (and got a cute hand-painted sign that reads "no outfit is complete without cat hairs"), and I vacuumed my car for the first time in the almost-two-years that I've owned it (I know, I'm gross. It won't happen again, I swear!). SO by the time I sat down to do challenge #2 it was after 6pm and I was really ready to be done with the day. But I'd been thinking about this challenge since last night so I had to try.

This time I tackled Kimmi's challenge (scroll down to the bottom of her post). I ADORE flower embellishments and I've been watching a lot of tutorials (still trying to master this one - it's alluding me for some reason!) and playing with a lot of ideas for handmade flowers. And I am IN LOVE with Pink Paislee's ribbon pleats (just got the ones from the 365 Degrees collection, although I hope they'll go with the Starlight collection, which I can't wait to use!).  So here's my card...



I used the Queen Bee Ribbon Pleats, patterned paper, cork, and brads for the flowers - I really liked how the other flower I made with the twill came out and I wanted to try again but with an extra layer. The polka dot papers are from October Afternoon's Fly a Kite collection, and the floral paper (which inspired the whole card) is by K&Company and was FREE with a recent 2Peas order!



I have to say I LOVE how the flowers came out, but I'm not so sure about the card as a whole. As I've gazed at and pondered on it, it has at times seemed unbalanced, unfinished, and downright schizophrenic! :) Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to figure out how I feel about the finished product.

Hope you had a great National Scrapbooking Day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment