Saturday, May 8, 2010

the excitement of simple pleasures

Seriously, be honest - Is there anything that better represents simple happiness than buttons. I adore buttons - I love looking at them, I love the feel of them, I love how versatile they are and I use them on so many of my cards. So I was positively giddy when I opened my Studio Calico May kit yesterday afternoon to find this little baggie of love...
Have you ever seen anything so adorable?! How absolutely perfect are these colors of pinks?! Look at this!
I'm giddy - absolutely giddy! I just cannot get over these buttons! These are my favorites:
I want to just put that heart button in my pocket and carry it around with me!


Ok, ok. I'm a huge dork. Enough's enough. Here's my first May kit card, using my new favorite technique with buttons.
This was also my first attempt at using acetate/transparency/overlay. I really like how the ivory cardstock shows through the window.
I'm definitely going to have to try a couple more variations on this card. BUT, I'm having a very hard time fighting the urge to hoard these amazing buttons! My fantastic LSS Colorful Creations has a Creative Cafe station with some super cute color coordinated buttons - I bet those will work just as well as these adorable coral buttons. I'll let you know how that works out :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment