Monday, May 17, 2010

Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge

This is my first time participating in one of Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenges! And this is a special challenge too - a "Reader's Choice" Color Inspiration! We all voted on a photo of a color combination we liked, and Kristina translated the winning photo into swatches for the challenge.


And let me say this color challenge thing is not easy to do! Six colors is a lot! I mean, yeah, most of my projects have 6 colors on them (if not more!). But to have all 6 colors prescribed to you by someone else makes it really challenging. In this case, the gray was the hardest part for me. I love the color combo, including the gray, but I wanted to do something really summery and bright, and the gray element didn't really lend itself to that summery feeling. BUT, I'm actually really thrilled with what I did come up with!


Supplies: Stampin' Up cardstocks in Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, and Pretty in Pink; Studio Calico rub-on (my first time ever using a rub-on - I've never been able to figure out what to do with them!); K&Co./Amy Butler brad; AC Dear Lizzy glitter Thickers (I'm in love with these!); October Afternoon Fly a Kite Collection patterned paper


ETA: Be sure to check out Kristina's blog here and take a look at the other submissions! They're shaping up to be really awesome!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning! You managed all six colours perfectly.

    I know, it's tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Did you make a button brad with paper? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both Jennifer and Sylvia! The brad is stitched fabric and it's from K&Co. It might be from an old collection - I got it on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Card!
    I'm in love with thickers also.
    I have been following Kristinas blog for around 6 months now, and have watched most videos atleast twice.
    Shes an inspiration to so many people.
    Keep up your good work.

    xo

    ReplyDelete