Thursday, July 11, 2013

CCC #3: Buttons and Bows


Today is my first post with Catherine and Cathy Create! So if you're new to my blog for that reason, welcome! I'm so excited to be sharing my take on some super awesome challenges! Today is CCC Challenge #3: Buttons and Bows. The Card Team was challenged to create a card featuring ribbon and at least one button. Here's my card...


I wanted to make a card that shows that ribbon doesn't have to be frilly and fancy. My cards have tended more towards the clean and simple end of the spectrum lately, and to be honest, I don't reach for ribbon too much in my everyday cardmaking. But for this card, I chose a graphic ribbon and I used it as an element on a graphic card. Using ribbon in this way is a quick addition to a card and really makes it pop!

I hope you can see in the photo too that I added some score lines to frame out the white panel at the top of the card. Any sort of dry embossing - be it with an embossing folder or just creating lines or patterns with your Simply Scored board is a great way to add interest and texture to CAS cards.

Thanks for visiting my blog today! If this is your first visit, I hope you will enjoy looking around. If you're a regular reader (Hi! You rock!), I hope you'll head over to Catherine and Cathy Create to check out the other Design Team cards.

Happy Stampin'! :)



3 Cheers Card Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment