Monday, July 29, 2013

Christmas in July Week - Day One: Colorful Christmas Card Set

Hello and Welcome to my annual Christmas in July week! Better late than never, I hope! :) Technically, I kicked off the celebration early yesterday with a bonus embossing folder card, but I'm back today to officially start the Christmas festivities.


I wanted to start off this week of projects with something really quick, simple, and super fun. I made a set of two of these little note cards, but you could easily make more. To make these cards so quick and simple, I used the Tag a Bag Kit from the Annual Catalog to create the adorable layered tags. You get enough supplies in the kit for 10 tags like these. I added some Silver Glimmer Paper (not included in the kit) between the small and large tags, but you could just as easily use the Smoky Slate banner stickers that come in the kit. The colors are Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Gumball Green, Smoky Slate, Tangerine Tango, which is what I used to color the images - except I used Pool Party instead of Bermuda Bay because I wanted to have a Pool Party panel for the background of the card. The stamp set is called Color Me Christmas (#131742 wood/#131745 clear) and it has these two images, plus a Christmas tree, Santa, and a reindeer. 


What I love about these cards - which measure 3.5x5 inches by the way (you could use the Note Cards and Envelopes - 20 cards and 20 envelopes for only $5.95!) - is that they're so family friendly. These would be great cards for teachers, church youth group leaders, babysitters... especially if you get your kids involved in making them! Little ones can help choose which tags to match together, and bigger kids can work the Big Shot to emboss the backgrounds, or color the images. The color scheme of the tag kit is bright and fun, and the images are quirky and cartoony, so the coloring doesn't have to be perfect.


Don't forget - all the Holiday Catalog items I'll be using this week will be available on Thursday, August 1st when the Holiday Catalog goes live. Hope you enjoyed this project. See you tomorrow! 

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment