Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christmas in July Week - Day Three: Season of Style 3x3 Card Set

Lately, kind of out of nowhere, I've been really into making tags. Maybe because I've needed to wrap a lot of presents lately, and I'm finding that the easiest way to make cute, crafty packages is to attach a handmade tag to a simple box with a big bow. :-D

A 3x3 card is a very close cousin of the tag. I love making them because they're quick, easy, and fun to put together. And I love using them because they effortlessly dress up the simplest package!


For today's project, I decided to make a small set of 3x3 cards. These came together SO easily! When I'm making a set like this, I like to gather my supplies and just spread them all out on my desk. Then I can just grab items almost at random and put them together. It's so simple and when you pre-coordinate your supplies, everything is guaranteed to look great together! I pulled all my label type Framelits and punches and matched them with the sentiments that I wanted to use.

I took my color scheme from the Season of Style DSP collection (#132340): Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White. I also added in some Champagne Glimmer Paper - apparently I just can't get enough of this stuff with the Cherry Cobbler-Old Olive combo! :) The sentiments are all from the Christmas Messages stamp set (#131790 wood/#131793 clear). This set has some awesome sentiments - They can totally stand alone, but they're also matched in pairs - the "inside and outside" sentiments that are so popular lately. Check it out...


Isn't that fun? Here's some close-up images of the other cards, with their coordinating "inside" sentiments.




For the last card I also used some of the Season of Style Washi Tape (#132155). I'm so happy that Stampin' Up! is continuing to make washi tape. And this set not only coordinates beautifully with the Season of Style DSP, but it matches all the awesome scrapbooking items in the Holiday Catalog. Yes! You read that right - scrapbooking! Those of you who were disappointed to see that there were no albums, page protectors, etc. in the new Annual Catalog will be thrilled to see what the Holiday Catalog has to offer. But more on that later... :)

Thanks for stopping by today. And remember, tomorrow is release day for the Holiday Catalog! Get your pencil ready to make your wish list!

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment