Friday, November 1, 2013

CCC#013: November Challenge - Triangles

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but I can't even handle how fast this year is going by! It's November!! Somebody said recently that Christmas is something like 8 weeks away! What??!? But anyway… That's enough of my monthly diatribe. :) Singe it's the first of the month, that means another challenge from Catherine and Cathy Create!


This month's challenge: TRIANGLES!

This was a tough one for me. Triangles are very trendy right now, but they're not a trend I've really embraced. So I struggled a little bit. But in the end, I like the card I came up with.


Now, my ever-so-thoughtful husband was "kind" enough to point out that chevrons are technically not triangles. But I argue that they are triangular. So I'm counting it. :-P I used the Chevron Border Punch from the Holiday Catalog and layered some DSP behind it.


Have you looked ahead to the rest of this month's calendar? Hanukkah is wicked early this year - it actually starts the night before Thanksgiving! So I decided to make more of a non-denominational holiday season card. The Winter Frost DSP is perfect! Two of the sheets have a beautiful silver metallic finish - I used one of them on the present from the Color Me Christmas stamp set. You can see the shine in the photo above. I paper pieced the image using the Winter Frost DSP and Bermuda Bay cardstock.


I embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder on Bermuda Bay cardstock. It's from the newest photopolymer set, called Endless Wishes. Unfortunately, I just learned after I made this card that this set has sold out for now. But keep an eye for it to come back - it's an amazing winter/holiday set! I love the mix of script and type, and the sentiments can be combined into so many great greetings.

I appreciate you stopping by my blog today. Make sure you visit Catherine and Cathy Create to check out what the other DT members have made. And if you link up your own challenge project, you could win some great Stampin' Up! goodies! :)

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment