Thursday, November 7, 2013

CCC#014: Cards Challenge - Button Up!


Welcome to the November Card Challenge from Catherine and Cathy Create! This month's theme for our card projects: Buttons! I tried to think of something clever to do with buttons, but in the end, I had a few elements in mind that I really wanted to use, so I ended up making this card...


I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I used sponge daubers to create my own polka dot pattern on the card base. I did some in Soft Sky ink, then some in Versamark, which I embossed with silver embossing powder. All you have to do is ink up the dauber, and use it like a circle stamp. If you give it a very little twist and apply light pressure, you'll get more of a circle rather than a blob. :) Then I cut a piece of vellum 1 inch longer than the card. I adhered it to the back of the card, and then folded it over to the front of the card. You get a really classy overlay effect, plus you can't see the adhesive through the vellum on the front.


Here you can see a little better how the polka dots look through the vellum. Isn't that a neat effect? For the sentiment, I used the Expressions Thinlits dies to cut the word Merry from silver glimmer paper. I love these dies! They're a little fussy, but the look they make is so worth it! Hint: I love using the two-way glue pen to attach these die cuts to my projects.


For the embellishment, I created a pretty layered snowflake using the Festive Flurries stamp set and matching dies. The larger of the two snowflakes is stamped in Soft Sky, and the smaller snowflake is embossed in silver. I know this photo isn't stellar, but you can see the shimmer from that embossing powder. And you can see the button in action here too - It's one of the larger vintage faceted buttons. They're pretty much my favorite! :) It looks like crystal, or ice, and adds a really pretty finish to the snowflake.

So that's it for me today. Now go check out the other design team members' cards. And if you play along with this month's button challenge, you might win some Stampin' Up! blog candy! :)

Until next time…

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment