Thursday, November 28, 2013

Fall Mantel Projects Post #5: Paper Foliage Wreath

Missed the first three posts? Check them out here.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends! I wanted to pop by today to show you the last project I made for my fall mantel… even though I'm very late and I'm sure you're all into Christmas decorating mode :)


This was the first wreath I've ever made! I have to say it was pretty daunting, but I really like how it came out. And it was super easy, too - I really tried hard not to over-think it :) I just went to town with my glue gun and a huge pile of die cut leaves. And just like in the other projects, I embossed some of the leaves using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and gold embossing powder. I also crumpled up the leaves before I glued them on.


I made a simple layered bow with the Crushed Curry chevron ribbon. (Don't tell, but it's totally glued together, not tied! *wink wink*)


I also die cute some leaves out of Champagne glimmer paper and some from the burlap ribbon. I cut  some Whisper White cardstock to the size of the die (6x6" I think), then layered on a same-size piece of  Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet. Then I took strips of the burlap ribbon and butted them up next to each other until I had the whole piece covered, and I ran that through the Big Shot. Easy! 


So that's it - That's all my projects! :) And here's a view of the mantel as a whole…


I hope you enjoyed these projects! (And I'm sorry I'm so late in sharing the last couple.) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And Happy Hanukkah for those of you celebrating!

Happy Stampin'! :)


Fall Mantel Project Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment