Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fall Mantel Projects Post #3: Embellished Mason Jar Candle Holders

Welcome to Post #2 of my Fall decor projects series! If you missed the first two posts, you can check them out here. Today's project is super simple and very customizable to whatever supplies you have on hand. Grab some jelly jars, or old empty spaghetti sauce jars, and in minutes you can create some super cute candle holders!


This one coordinates with with the other items I made. I used the chevron stencil from the Build a Banner Kit to paint a length of Burlap Ribbon. I just used white acrylic paint that I colored with Crushed Curry reinker - same as I used on the ombre frame that I shared in my first post. Then I just grabbed a couple of the leaves I'd cut for the other projects, hot glued them to the jar, and hot glued a Very Vintage Button over the stems. P.S. See that Crushed Curry leaf with that great texture? So simple - I just folded the leaf in half and ran it through the Woodgrain embossing folder. Easy peasy! :)


This one's a little different in terms of the supplies I used, but it still coordinates beautifully with the other projects. Doily, burlap, linen thread, button, and a faux leaf from the dollar store. 


Here's one of my jars "in action" with some other items on my mantel. Remember to be very careful if you're burning candles in these embellished jars. If you have paper, twine, or ribbon on the outside, it could catch on fire when you're lighting the candle! You may want to use a battery operated tea light. Otherwise, make sure you use a small votive or something similar that is entirely contained within the jar. And be careful while you're lighting it.

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment