Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fall Mantel Projects Post #2: Thankful Leaves Embroidery Hoop

Welcome to Post #2 of my Fall decor projects series! If you missed the first post, you don't want to miss the cute painted picture frame I made, so go check it out. Today's project didn't actually end up on my mantel but it's on an adjacent wall in my living room and it coordinates beautifully with the rest of my DIY decor.


I hate to toot my own horn, but I have to say I pretty much *squee* every time I walk past this. :) I am so in love with how this project turned out! And it was beyond easy to make. I got a super inexpensive little embroidery hoop at Michael's (I think it's 6" across). The background is a piece of Canvas Creations that I cut to fit. It's a little bit thicker than the fabric you'd normally put in an embroidery hoop, so I did adhere the canvas right to the hoop with Sticky Strip. That also helps it to stay tight and smooth in the hoop. I spritzed the canvas with Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze reinkers mixed with rubbing alcohol. (Make sure you use the 70% alcohol!) I die cut two leaves from Cajun Craze cardstock and Champagne Glimmer paper. The little patterned yellow leaf is from the Thankful Tablescape Kit. (Find links to all supplies at the bottom of this post.)


Here's a little close-up of the sentiment. I stamped this phrase from the Truly Grateful stamp set in Early Espresso ink, and wrapped some Linen Thread around the banner. And that's it! So simple and cute.


This is a pretty crummy photo, but I wanted to show you this little hoop "in action" here on the wall right next to my front door where we put our keys. It extends the autumn colors and themes a little bit further, bringing the decor together a little bit better.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Happy Stampin'! :)



Thankful Leaves Embroidery Hoop Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment