Monday, April 7, 2014

CCC#029: April Cards Challenge - Blue Skies and Yellow Highs


The April Cards Challenge from Catherine and Cathy Create is called Blue Skies and Yellow Highs! Inspired by longer days and spring weather, the challenge is simple: Use blue and yellow on a card.

Today could not be a more perfect day to be writing the post for this particular challenge! We have had sunny, warm weather two days in a row, which is so wonderful after the bitter cold and snowy winter we had here on ol' Cape Cod. We've had the windows open, laundry on the line, and time to spend outside! :)


This is a simple color challenge, yes, but I often find that the more open-ended the challenge, the more difficulty I have getting started. I was browsing Pinterest when I found this picture...

    
... and I was immediately inspired! I got the idea of using multiple sizes of circles from the mobile hanging above the chair. I love the pale color scheme, as well as the pops of gray. And chevrons! :)

I used Jennifer McGuire's "iron off embossing" technique for the background. It's hard to see in the picture but it has a great matte finish and allowed me to stamp Gorgeous Grunge over top of the emboss-resist background. The large polka dot and stripe circles are from the stamp set from February's Paper Pumpkin kit.

Thanks for stopping by today. Now head on over to Catherine and Cathy Create to see what the other DT members made! Link to your yellow and blue card and you could win a prize from Stampin' Up! Have a great week!

Happy Stampin'! :)





Blue and Yellow Happy Day Card Supplies 


2 comments:

  1. I like this card very much! The layering is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anna, I can't tell you how much I love this card. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete