Tuesday, April 1, 2014

CCC #028: April Challenge - Fresh Beginnings Photo Challenge


Happy April! No foolin' - It's time for another Catherine and Cathy Create Monthly Challenge! :) This month we have a spring inspired photo challenge. It can be anything inspired by this photo...



As I've said in the past, I like to use the monthly group challenge to do something other than a card. So far, it's usually been some sort of 3D item, and this month is no different. Check out my take on the photo...


I decided to make a cute little treat pouch with a coordinating tag. I used one of the mini muslin bags (love these!) - I'd been wanting to try heat embossing on them for ages now!


I cut a square of cardboard to fit inside the bag so the ink wouldn't go through to the back side of the bag, and to help it lie flat. I used blue painter's tape to mask off stripes across the front of the bag, and then I generously pressed my Versamark pad all over the bag. I removed the tape quickly, then sprinkled Pool Party embossing powder over the whole thing. Then I just heat set it like normal! (Wait until you're completely done with the process before you remove the cardstock from inside the bag.) Eh voilĂ ! An adorable striped muslin bag with great texture. I also replaced the plain drawstring with Primrose Petals ribbon to coordinate.


The tag is stamped with the Simple Stems stamp set. The sentiment is from Six Sided Sampler. I used a new-to-me technique - "the filter paper technique" - to get some great texture on the stamped image.  Here's a close-up of the tag.


Isn't that pretty? It sort of looks like the Mulberry Paper that Stampin' Up! used to sell. I'll be doing a video on this technique soon. :)

So that's it from me for today. Make sure you stop by Catherine and Cathy Create to check out all the inspiration from the Design Team... This is one not to be missed, trust me! :) If you're inspired to play along, make sure you link up your project because you might win some Stampin' Up! goodies! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Happy Stampin'! :)




Supply List

No comments:

Post a Comment